The Australasian Wellness Association (‘ASWELL’) aims to provide its members with the best possible service. To achieve this, we aim to make efficient use of the personal information we collect from our members.
We also want our members to have confidence that in handling personal information, we afford that information an appropriate level of privacy, consistent with the National Privacy Principles.
This statement sets out our policy for dealing with your personal information.
…is any information about you that identifies you, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
Why personal information is collected by ASWELL:
ASWELL collects personal information from its members and suppliers, for purposes relating to the services it offers. Those purposes include:
- responding to enquiries regarding membership programs or the various benefits
- receiving feedback and dealing with complaints
- processing memberships and orders and administering accounts
- providing member support
- marketing and promotional activities
- product development and market research
- meeting our regulatory and legal obligations.
In providing you with a service, we may sometimes need to disclose your personal information to others. It is generally our policy not to disclose information to external organisations, however, examples of the types of organisations we may need to disclose information to in the course of providing a service are:
- mentors and or associate members where one has been allocated to you for the purposes of program accreditation
- coaching companies when asked by you for additional coaching services
- a person outside ASWELL who is contracted to us to provide a particular service on our behalf.
Examples of the kinds of organisations with which we contract are:
- Payment facilities as connected to our website, such as Paypal;
- mailing houses for bulk mailing of letters and notices;
- printers for marketing material;
- information technology service providers; and
- accountants, lawyers and other service providers.
These contracted parties are not authorised by us to use personal information for anything other than the purpose for which we supplied that information to them.
We may also disclose personal information where the individual consents to us doing so. That consent may be written, verbal or implied from your conduct.
From time to time, we may use personal information to inform our members about our products and services, or about special offers and promotions that we think may be of interest to you. We will generally give you the opportunity to express a wish not to receive direct marketing communications. You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing material (use the unsubscribe functionality on the email communication) and we will remove your details from our direct marketing database.
ASWELL does not disclose personal information to organisations outside ASWELL and its related companies for the purposes of allowing them to direct market their products. However, we may join other associated members of ASWELL in joint marketing of our respective products and services to members.
If the law requires us to provide you with information about our products or services, we will provide that information even if you have elected not to receive information about our products and services generally.
Security of personal information is important to us and we take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Some of the ways we protect personal information include:
- external and internal premises security;
- restricting access to personal information only to staff who need it to perform their day to day functions;
- maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access or damage to electronically stored information, such as requiring identifiers and passwords, firewalls and anti-virus software; and
- maintaining physical security over paper records.
If you believe that the privacy of your personal information has been compromised, please let us know. You can make a complaint by contacting the person you were dealing with or by calling 0466 373 449 and speaking to the President of ASWELL. We will respond to complaints as soon as possible.
Content within this site is subject to trademarks and copyrights and cannot be reproduced or altered in any way. Australasian Wellness Association (ASWELL) endeavours to present only accurate and reliable information and any errors are completely unintentional. We reserve the right to amend information at any time. Any personal information collected may be utilised by ASWELL and its associated partners to improve the content of this site or for marketing purposes. ASWELL, its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents disclaim all warranties, expressed or implied, in connection with the website and your use thereof and accepts no liability for damages of any kind for the use of this site. ASWELL does not warrant that the use of this site will be error-free or uninterrupted, or that the site’s server is virus or bug free. ASWELL accepts no responsibility for the content of any linked or external sites.